Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Violence in Brazil

I'm back to my adopted home in England, and back to work in my PhD. I don't want to get mushy, but it was kind of sad in the first days. I could get used to being pampered by my family in Brazil. Regardless, life goes on, and it just took me a few days of work to forget about the more frivolous aspects of life.

To my sadness, I have been following the news about the violence in São Paulo, and I went into one of those moments in which I was almost embarassed to be brazilian. Let me stress this one more time almost embarassed, because I am still a believer in my country's future potential.

Another blow to my national pride was listening to a clip from the brazilian version of that american piece of excrement called American Idol. The reader that cannot understand portuguese can be considered lucky this time, as the following video shows an act of murder against the brazilian national anthem.

No comments: