Sunday, June 08, 2008

Interesting music


My girlfriend has recently recommended me to listen to this duo of Ireland-based Mexicans called Rodrigo y Grabiela. And I have to say I was pleasantly surprised, as I never imagined that two people with acoustic guitars could create such a rich sound. Their music, according to Last.FM, is hard to define, and I would agree, since they went into the old world bent on playing metal, but ended up using traditional Hispanic music tradition to create something which is very hard to pin down to any of the two categories. I definitely recommend for people who want to try something different and entirely original.

1 comment:

Anayhale said...

Busca tambien de ellos las canciones de DIEM y CAPITAN CASANOVA, en especial esta ultima me recuerda mucho a los sones mexicanos por los ritmos mezclados =)

We are not that different after all!

te amo...