Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Dirty Country

I know it has been a while been a while since I last posted, given my current search for permanent faculty positions and drive to publish as much as humanly possible, I have not had a lot of time to write decently here. Nevertheless, today I felt inspired by a incredibly funny documentary about an American country singer that writes dirty songs. This guy is very good to take somebody out of the blues. Meet, Larry Pierce:


His exploits are chronicled in the documentary Dirty Country, the trailer is embedded below:



Netflix (correctly may I add) guessed that after watching the Winnebago Man documentary. That is another documentary I highly recommend.



This series of movies, believe me or not, is what makes me still believe in the future potential of America and Americans. If more people like the ones in these movies took an interest in steering this country, without the religious zealotry and the microcephalic politicking, they might have a shot at seeing the end of the 21st century as they were in the 40s.

No comments: