Sunday, December 17, 2006

Internacional World Champion


Despite a week of stress and depression, my glorious Internacional today managed to lighten up my day by winning the Club World Championship, against Barcelona.

The BBC reports in a funny pun (I don't know if it was intentional) that Internacional sink Barca, (which, in some latin languages would translate to Internacional sink the "Boat") though I'm afraid they misspelled Barça since english speakers have an aversion for different letters.

In any case, I'm happy for that, and happy that thousands of supporters of Grêmio who spent years arguing that their constant losses to Internacional were little things, since Inter has never won the World Cup. Now I wonder what they are going to say (big smile here).

To finalize my post, here is a video recorded on 1979 (the year I was born), in which a comedian parodying a known local sports commentator (and Grêmio fanatic) accidentally foresaw Inter winning the world championship in 2006.

No comments: