Monday, October 29, 2007

Clerks

After having spent the previous two weeks in what I call total stress mode, writing to meet the deadline for AAMAS, I needed to cope with the burnout caused by such an intense push. I guess it's hard not to experience this in my line of work, because no one can really choose the moment of scientific insights. In any case, my movie-based recovery technique involved watching Kevin Smith's movies throughout the weekend. Of course, the highlight goes to Clerks, especially the first one, which has some amazing debates over the fate of the contractors working on the second Death Star. Besides that debate, one thing missing from the movie is what happened during the funeral of one of the protagonist's high school friend, later shown in the cartoon below:

No comments: