Sunday, October 28, 2007

Soviet Cartoons

This weekend I have been introduced to old Soviet Cartoons, which sort of gave me an insight of how it is easier to find commonalities between children than it is among grownups. The reason for this is that the person who showed me the cartoons grew up in Soviet Kazakhstan, and the activities of children in front of a TV seemed to be quite similar regardless of the political background. Of course, I always had an idea of communist countries as trying to force some sort of automaton behavior upon their citizens. Regardless of what the ruling class tries to do, however, people are usually trying to have fun somehow. Anyway, I digress, check out this interesting child cartoon, Russian is not really required to understand this one:



Also, this outrageous cartoon (no talking) is quite something:



Finally, some surrealist stuff:



Hope the cultural discovery is enjoyable.

No comments: