Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Quinoa dish

 


As I was reading a science magazine one particular article caught my atention regarding this Andean grain called Quinoa, which is, apparently, a very healthy source of proteins. In order to make it more palatable to westerners, every single site I have seen says that quinoa is like rice, which is understandable, although it looks nothing like it. So, since I am now into healthy eating and shit, I decided to give it a try, and I ended up cooking Quinoa like rice and using it to complement my Shrimp Aglio e Olio, the results of which are shown in the picture above. I do not exactly understand the "nutty" flavor term they use to describe how quinoa tastes, but I understand it has slightly more taste than plain rice. My veredict is that it tastes a bit stronger than rice, and it is slightly trickier to cook because the grains are smaller, and you end up losing many of them in the process of rinsing and cooking quinoa, but the results are not bad.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anayhale said...

I bet the Mexican food you will try soon is much better!!!

Besotes =)