Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Beans

This sunday the Brazilians I met at CMU and I have organized a Brazilian day in a friend's house, which consisted of a Brazilian meal, with dessert included, and a movie afterwards. My reservations over the movie choice aside, I believe the whole thing was a success, since people did seem to have liked the food. The main meal consisted of my own rendition of a Feijoada, including something I definitely did not expect to find in the United States: couve, or as I discovered through the wikipedia, collard greens. The irony in here is that Feijoada, albeit the national dish, is not truly typical of the south where I come from, and we did have people from Rio and São Paulo in the house. I also baked the entrée, Pão de Queijo, which seemed to have gone remarkably fast, washed with Caipirinha. The only thing I was not the main cook was the Negrinho, or Brigadeiro for the northeners in the party. The only downside of the occasion is that I spent Valentine's day alone and uncertain about my own shit.

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

Don't feel bad dr. i spent Valentines with someone and still felt uncertain about my own shit. Hope things are going better....

www.apoormansroxanne.blogspot.com