Thursday, September 22, 2005

'ello Mate

Since things are a bit slow to get started (without my student ID card and proper network accounts I can do nothing), I set out to get to know Southampton, which is going to be my home for the next 3-4 years.



First thing of note today: I love Brit lesbians! I mean, in my country most gay women are so manly and unsexy (if there's such a word). In here I saw two cute little blonde broads kissing in the street. How cool is that, uh!?!? Too bad it took me too long to grab my camera and capture that. I was so mesmerized just looking at it, that when I noticed the bus was already moving on.



Second relevant fact (at least for me): went to visit the local century-old church in towne, the one you see on the pictures around this post. St. Mary's church. Built in the 12th century, if I'm not mistaken, that is. Very nice architecture. I really enjoy photographing that kind of building.

Third and final happening of the day, took two wrong buses on purpose. In the second one, the driver was a really friendly chap, very interesting conversation. Nice to get to know some of the local people once you are settling in.

No comments: